Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bathroom light fixture


todays find $7 bucks!!


old ugly fixture



We have been remodeling our bathroom on and off since we moved here 3 years ago. First we HAD to replace the floor and sink. Then we removed some cupboards (there were way too many). Then came the time for me to choose a color. Anyone that knows me knows I can not make this decision for weeks, months or even years lol.




There is also this horrid light fixture that will need replaced before the painting anyway. LOL. I have not been able to find a single one I like new. So I have moved onto watching yard sales, thrift shops and craigslist - still nothing.




They built a new Habitat For Humanity here in my town so I figured might as well check it out. You see I have been to the one in Omaha (across the river from my town) and they ask outrageous prices for some stuff that is actual crap! Now I know it's to help build the houses and all but seriously we wouldn't be shopping there if WE weren't looking for bargains.




I found a fixture that I could work with, but naturally it was the only item in the store without a price tag. I really expected to be leaving empty handed, so when the guy said $7.00 I couldn't get to the checkout fast enough. LOL.




As I say it needs some work because I hate polished brass. I expect to be remedying that in the next few days so stay tuned for the transformation!









No comments:

Post a Comment