Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dreary Sunday

It has been cold, windy and misty all day. Not a day to get any planting or gardening done.
I did my "weekly" grocery shopping with very little to report in the way of big savings. I didn't have anything other than the weekly needs (milk, fresh veggies, and finally we needed cat food - my stockpile is gone).
I ad matched for some Banquet fruit pies and got them for 48¢ each (reg 69¢ each) plus 2 free.

I needed some things from Menards so we ran out there. I did get a "freebie" there also.

The regular price is $6.99, I don't think I would have ever bought them . They are in the dryer now. I don't know how I will know if they cut down on drying time since my dryer does not sense the load is dry and shuts off itself (hmm). I guess I will experiment with the timer, which will probably result in more trips up and down the basement stairs (this is where I am rolling my eyes lol). I will know soon enough if they make the load soft without a dryer sheet though. LOL.
I did stop by Target again this week to pick up the dog food they had on sale. I picked up another Vaseline lotion w/freebie sample and paid only $1.24 (reg price $5.99).



I know it may sound like I make a lot of trips to the stores to save money, which actually would defeat the purpose. However that is not the way it is. I work 15 miles from my house. In another city. I pass these stores daily on my trip home, so,  it is easy for me to stop after work.  I check the other blogs every evening and then check my coupon stash , make my list and then make the plan to stop on the way home.  No waste of gas or time.

As I was putting away some canned goods and rotating stock today.  I realized I had 6 cans of pumpkin (jeez).  I then remembered that it was on sale 2 for $1.00 last fall. I also remembered I didn't make the pies for Thanksgiving, Mom did. So this afternoon I whipped up some Pumpkin Bars with cream cheese frosting. YUMMY!

Since I haven't much in the way of current "finds" to share, I thought I would show off some past thrift store and yard sale "finds". ( I will call it "past finds" ) LOL
This was my most exciting "find' by far. I paid less than a dollar for this set of  vintage looms and sold them on ebay for $70.00

This 32 pc set of dishes were New never out of the box (until I took the pic) I paid $5.00 at a yard sale. Sold the set on craigslist for $20.00
I picked this bee costume up for $1.00 at a yard sale and sold it on craigslist for $10.00

Well that is it for today.
Have a good evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment