Saturday, May 22, 2010

Yard Sale Saturday- Not







The weathermen predicted it would be sunny and hot this weekend. However, when I got up to go to yard sales it was raining and the few that were still on, had nothing.
I did have some store deals though this evening.
At Target the total before coupons was $18.61, I paid $3.11

The Tide, Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner actually paid me 3¢ each.
The Rayovac batteries both were free.
The First Aid Kits I paid 22¢ each, the Degree Deoderants I paid 47¢ each and the Kotex I paid 22¢ each.

Then I made a stop at Hyvee to grab some sale items I wanted.

I ended up paying  35¢ each for the Van Camps  Beans (reg 69¢ each), $1.38 each for the Crystal Light (reg $2.98 each) and 77¢ each for the Marcal Toilet Paper (reg $3.28 each).
total worth $25.98> I paid  $12.10
This was the first store I have been able to find the Marcal at, however, they do not carry the single rolls. I have a whole bunch of coupons for a free single roll. I hope I can find them before they expire at the end of this month.

It did become sunny, hot and humid and I think I pushed myself a bit too much with the new flower bed project. But, I managed to get a lot done.
From about 9 am until 3:30 ish I dug and dug and dug. I had to move the Iris and a rose bush. I replanted the Iris that were still in bloom as I went. I will replant the rest tomorrow.


Oh, and Dave moved my umbrella trellis for me before I started the digging. The problem next was what to do with all the dirt. I did not need all this to go back. I mentioned that it was too bad I didn't have another box cause I could use the dirt and grow even more veggies. This is when Dave informed me that he had all the stuff to make me another box.  Yahoo!!

Now I am going to plant some acorn squash and maybe a pumpkin. I also will probably add another row of green beans and carrots.


I got some good deals on perennials this week.
Home Depot had their 6 in pots reg $5.98 for $3.98
 
While I was at Menards Friday picking up manure (ugh), I found a rack of perennials marked down to $2.98 each! So I bought 4 more.

I am sooo sore and stiff and tired. I hope you have a good evening!



No comments:

Post a Comment