Saturday, August 21, 2010

We moved the "curb find"!

I am exhausted!
Having my cabinet from "the curb" in the dining room was just annoying me! It just did not "fit in" there.
 So today we measured and I decided I would like to see how it would look in the kitchen. I was worried that it would be too "foreboding", (this is where Dave said "too what?"). LOL! First we put it on one side of the refrigerator. Dave said "I think it would be better on the other side". I said "I guess we can try it".
You need to understand that at both places the refrigerator had to be moved and it has a water line hooked to the back of it (umm yea!).
He moved it too the other side and it just didn't "feel" right to me and was very "foreboding". LOL! So my wonderful man ( I helped as best I could) moved the refrigerator , again, and moved the cabinet back to the first spot. After some minor adjustments I found the "right spot" and it also looks great!
( If you are noticing that the cabinet looks different than yesterdays picture, that would be because Dave discovered when we were moving it > that it was upside down! LOL! What a hoot!! LOL.


Now my cookbooks are protected from dust and my appliances are easier for me to get to. It also matches my cabinets ( at least until they get their makeovers).

I am exhausted because, after we pulled out the old bookshelf, another cabinet and the refrigerator I said "oh yuck".
You see we have 3 cats and a dog. Other pet owners probably at this moment are shaking their heads because "they know"! DUST BUNNIES FROM HELL!
So it was time for a good sweeping and mopping. At this point I also discovered the walls could use a washing. So I climbed up there with my rag and bucket and set to work!
 That was the only side of the kitchen I got to today. Tomorrow, if I can get out of bed, lol, I will hopefully get the other side done.

Have a good evening!




No comments:

Post a Comment